Created by the team at Shutter Hub, AUTO PHOTO Awards will celebrate the best automotive photography in an exhibition, book and a series of awards.
We are dedicated to showcasing the best automotive photographers, creating opportunities for collaborations and commissions, and uniting everyone through our shared passions. All while creating new connections between international communities and the photography and automotive industries.
Aside from five individual category awards, there will be an exhibition of the winning and highly commended photographs, and a book of the top 100 images will be produced by Shutter Hub Editions.
Selected image entries will be showcased on Instagram throughout the open call and afterwards, and all winning images will be showcased on autophotoawards.com and shutterhub.org.uk
Five Diverse Categories:
The world is changing, where do we go from here? It’s not all about EVs (but show us them too!), we want to see the integration of technologies, engine development, tuning and performance, sustainability in materials, resto-mods, hybrids and ICEs too!
Cars as Art
There’s beauty in the build. From abstract images and macro details to super sleek lighting and cars on the street, this is the place to take your creativity to the max.
On track or off road, from circuit racing to rally cross, endurance to sprint, and drag to drift, we want to see Motorsport in all its glory.
Scenes and Styling
Show us the show cars, the super-charged super cars, the priceless classics, the drift beasts, the slammed and stanced, the ‘built not bought’ cars, and everything in between.
It’s about the people behind the wheel and under the hood. This is the place to big-up the clubs and communities, the lifestyle, locations, and looks.
- The 5 first place winners will receive a year’s membership of Shutter Hub.
- 100 winning images will be featured on shutterhub.org.uk and autophotoawards.com
- 100 winning images will be selected for the AUTO PHOTO Awards book, published by Shutter Hub Editions
- 30+ winning and Highly Commended images will be showcased in the AUTO PHOTO Awards exhibition.
- 8 photographers will win a one-to-one portfolio review with Karen Harvey, Creative Director of Shutter Hub.
- Selected image entries will be showcased on Instagram throughout the open call and afterwards, and all winning images will be showcased on shutterhub.org.uk and autophotoawards.com.
- 1 photographer will receive a Highly Commended Award selected by Alessia Glaviano, Head of Global Photo Vogue.
- Chicane Magazine Award – A selection of winning photographs will be published in Chicane magazine.
- Motorsport UK Award – One winner will be given Photography Accreditation at Motorsport UK controlled British Championships and have the opportunity to join the Motorsport UK panel of photographers as a paid contributor.
- Goodwood Award – One winner will be selected to receive a press pass/accreditation voucher for Goodwood Festival of Speed 2023.
- WXVE Award – This responsive award will be tailored to the winner and include a mentorship session and on set experience with the WXVE production team as a stills photographer.
- FastR Award – One winner will receive media access to Shred Shed Live, 2 VIP tickets for a TCR UK round of their choice and the opportunity to become an official photographer with FastR.
Entry Fees: All photographers receive one free entry. After your free entry, you can submit up to 10 further images for £25, and up to 20 images for £40. Shutter Hub members receive discounted entry fees of up to 10 images for £20, and up to 20 images for £30. You don’t have to be a Shutter Hub member, but if you would like to benefit from all the lovely stuff we offer, you can join here for just £87 per year.
Deadline for entries: 10 November 2022 (5PM GMT)
Got any questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Not a Shutter Hub member yet? Join here for opportunities to promote your work online and in exhibitions, access selected opportunities, events, seminars and workshops, meet up and share photographic experiences, and become part of our growing community
We’re asking for entries from all photographers, from professional photographers to amateurs. We are dedicated to showcasing the best automotive photographers, creating opportunities for collaborations and commissions, and uniting everyone through our shared passions.
There are five diverse categories you can submit images for:
- Cars as Art
- Scenes and Styling
- Car Culture
HOW TO ENTER
Please read the specification information below. Files that do not meet the specification or are not labelled correctly may not be accepted.
Deadline for entries: 10 November 2022 (5pm BST)
Please do not leave your entry until the last minute, we cannot accept any late entries.
FEES & ENTRY
All photographers receive one free entry.
After your free entry, you can submit up to 10 further images for £25, and up to 20 images for £40.
Shutter Hub members receive discounted entry fees of up to 10 images for £20, and up to 20 images for £30.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR ENTRIES
All submitted files must be named with photographer’s name and title of work. Files that are not labelled correctly may not be accepted. Correct file naming looks like this: lastname_firstname_title_of_image.jpg
Ensure you select the categories you would like to enter the image for.
Images can be landscape or portrait format, but the printed publication will be in portrait orientation.
Submitted images must be jpegs, 2000 pixels wide, 300ppi and no more than 5MB in size. Please submit images in sRGB colour profile but be aware that any images selected for the publication will be converted to CMYK before going to print.
Images must be suitable for a family audience.
Shutter Hub and AUTO PHOTO Awards reserve the right to not display work.
Please read the Terms and Conditions for further details.
Photographers retain copyright and ownership of their images.
All photographers will be contacted by the end of November 2022 with updates on whether you have made it through to the next stages of AUTO PHOTO Awards, which will include awards, an exhibition, and the book.
We always get in touch, so if for any reason you haven’t heard from us by this date, please email.
SALE OF WORK
Any enquiries from interested parties with regards to sales or commissions will be noted and passed directly to the photographers.
EXHIBITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Shutter Hub and AUTO PHOTO Awards reserve the right to display, reproduce and publish in any media any entry, without payment, for the purpose of the project and its promotion and publicity. Copyright remains with the originator and each photographer shall be deemed to warrant that they own the entire copyright in the work or that they have permission from the licensee and/or copyright owner/s for the uses and that all necessary model releases and clearances have been obtained. If relevant, insurance of the artist’s work is the responsibility of the artist. Shutter Hub and AUTO PHOTO Awards reserve the right to refuse work that they deem to be inappropriate, offensive, or explicit.
Please make sure you read and agree with the above information before you submit your application. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to abide by the terms and conditions and the information set out above.
ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED