Shutter Hub Annual Membership
You can join Shutter Hub on an annual basis, paying either annually or quarterly.
Shutter Hub is a photography organisation providing opportunities, support and networking for creative photographers worldwide. We work hard to make sure all our members get the best from their membership by providing the following benefits:
Our membership has always been heavily subsidised by our own income – we receive no external grants or funding, and we’re proud to be able to offer our members access to over £1000 worth of benefits:
- Exhibitions: We organise shows in galleries and exhibition spaces across the UK and internationally, as well as online. We subsidise the costs for our members and promote the exhibitions widely within the photographic community and global media. Exhibitions are always well attended – particularly our buzzing private views! We also offer our members the opportunity to create their own shows with our ‘Curate for the Community’ programme.
- Portfolio Reviews: All Shutter Hub members are invited to have one free online portfolio review and get tailored feedback and support from the Shutter Hub team. Download our free Portfolio Review Guide for all the advice on getting the most out of these experiences.
- Publications: In 2020 we launched our publishing house, Shutter Hub Editions, creating a collection of beautiful printed publications, featuring themed and solo books for people who love photography.
- Awards: We offer a range of awards throughout the year, including our OPEN exhibition Best in Show, FORMAT Festival Shutter Hub Portfolio Prize, YEARBOOK Award and our popular Membership Bursary Awards.
- Opportunities: We share a curated selection of opportunities, awards, exhibitions, benefits and discounts especially for our members.
- Professional Development Events: Development is essential and we want to enable our members to learn from experts in their field. Our online and offline Professional Development Series is hugely popular!
- Networking & Support Sessions: It’s important to build relationships and connect with each other in the real world, as well as online. Whether it’s meeting up at an event, exhibition, for a digital Lunch Break or in a coffee shop, we love getting to know our members and collaborating with other organisations to make sure we continue to grow our strong and supportive community.
- PR & Publicity: We love sharing good news and promoting our members’ updates and achievements through features on our award-winning blog, in our newsletter, press releases and on social media – keep us updated with your new work, upcoming exhibitions, awards and other photography news, and we’ll spread the word.
- Online Portfolio: Showcase your photography with your own portfolio and personalised URL on the Shutter Hub website. Browse our Photographers page to see how they look!
- Commissioning: We connect members with potential clients through our networks, and also commission them for photography, exhibition support, design, project management and more.
- Grants: Members can apply for awards of up to £500 to help towards photography projects that focus on matters surrounding humanitarian issues and social injustices.
- Shutter Hub Logo: You can embed your own Shutter Hub member logo to add to your website and/or blog so your visitors can see that you are part of a respected organisation in the photographic industry.
- Newsletter: Calls for exhibition entries, invitations, news, opportunities and useful information, all in your inbox once a month (and sometimes more if it’s something time-sensitive we think you need to know about). Sign up here.
- Support: We invite everyone to be part of a friendly, positive and supportive community. We’re here to support our members, answer questions and find ways to help them progress.
- Supporting others, too: We are dedicated to creating fair access to photography, making a positive impact within the industry and opening up opportunities for everyone – be it through our Membership Bursary Awards, Camera Amnesty Projects, or other Shutter Hub projects. Being part of our community enables you to make more of a difference too.
We bring photographers together to be part of something positive and supportive. We’d love you to get involved – join now!