Michelle Margaux was born in Chicago, USA. Michelle has taught, exhibited and been published internationally. Her work has also been used for a variety of band merchandise, such as tour shirts, album covers, and records. She began studying Professional Photography at Columbia College Chicago, winning a 1st Place Photography Award judged by Victor Skrebneski Studio. Michelle’s work concentrated on commercial and editorial pieces, primarily in the music and fashion industries. After studying Art Education, Michelle wrote the photography curriculum for Chicago area schools.
Having always had a keen interest in art history a “grand tour” of Europe’s great art collections became a life altering experience. Michelle moved to Europe to study and immerse herself in Art & European history in 2011. Moving to England Michelle studied Fine & Decorative Arts at Sotheby’s Institute of Art, concentrating on Italian painters and art of the Baroque & Rococo era, specializing within England and France. Afterwards she graduated with a MFA in Photography from University for the Creative Arts in Farnham, Surrey, concentrating again on large format photography. After 15 years of commercial and editorial photography, Michelle has started creating personal work. She currently resides in London, UK.
For any information regarding Michelle Margaux's work, recent book and art project “Listed and Lost' or any other information please message at [email protected]
Michelle is a longstanding member of NAPP, PPA, ASMP & AOP.
Images shot: Large, Medium & Small Format.
- 1st place in Fashion Photography, Fashion Columbia 2002, judged by Victor Skrebneski Studio.
- Fashion Columbia, Chicago, USA, 2002
- UCA Graduate Show, Farnham, UK, 2015
- Photomasters, London, UK, 2015
- Temporary Home, London, UK, 2015
- Home-Photography Show, Ahmedabad, India, 2016
- Girl Town, part of Photomonth, curated by Shutter Hub, & The Old Girls' Club, London, UK 2016
- London Photo Festival, London, UK, 2017
- Photography on a Postard, London 2017
- Borders, London, Bride Lane Fleet Street, 15th January to 16th April 2018
- Girl Town, Tel Aviv, Israel, Alfred Gallery, 8th February to 9th March 2018