As Junior Picture Researcher for Radio Times magazine, you will be required to source images to suit the visual identity and editorial requirements of Radio Times magazine, be responsible for and to ensure all administrative processes are taken care of.
The ratio of main tasks for this role is 60% admin 40% creative/research. This is an entry-level position, and full on the job training will be given.
As part of this, you will:
- Research agency pictures for regular features, listings pages and supplements.
- Use preferred picture agencies where Immediate Media has negotiated a favourable rate, our digitised image library, and PR resources to source images wherever possible.
- Order high res from agencies, assess and ensure images are of best quality
- Ensure correct rights are negotiated and secured with picture libraries, PR and photographer’s images.
- Provide picture captions and accurate credit details for all images.
- Take personal responsibility for designated sections and pages of the magazine, seeing them through from concept to print.
- You may be asked to work on extra material, such as supplements or bookazines, or attend magazine events as a representative of the editorial team. This may involve some weekend or evening work.
- Liaise closely with the art dept, the wider editorial group and other internal departments including subs, production and repro.
- Process all invoices on Immediate’s internal ECS system on time after every issue.
- Input metadata and rights manage Immediate’s Digital Asset Management system (“Elvis”)
- Back up the magazine research after publication of each issue
More information and how to apply here.